Cross Training for Cyclists
Cross training refers to an athlete training in sports other than the one that athlete competes in with a goal of improving overall performance. By doing so, they take advantage of the particular effectiveness of each training method, while at the same time attempting to negate the shortcomings of that method by combining it with other variation that address its weaknesses.
In this podcast, Darryl and Rob have a great conversation about how cyclists can use cross training and go over topics such as:
- Why a cyclist should consider cross training
- The benefits cross training provides
- What criteria make up a suitable cross training activity
- The mental and physical advantages
- The rules of cross training
- The best traditional forms of cross training
- Some non-traditional methods of cross training
- Is weight lifting a form of cross training?
- On the bike cross training
- Plus the Cycling 360 Quicktip by Coach Rob, and much more