Mailbag Cycling Podcast 2012
It’s been quite a while since we did our last mailbag show, and with all the great cycling questions that have come in we thought it was time to do another.
We’ve constantly getting questions through e-mail, twitter, and facebook and do our best to get our answers back to everyone…but this time we’ve gathered some of them up and responded through our podcast.
Thanks to all of you who sent in your questions and we apologize to those we weren’t able to answer on the air. Have a listen as we go through these questions and more:
- I like to go to spin classes, which are aimed at general fitness, not cyclists. How can I use them to improve my road cycling?
- What’s the proper etiquette for clearing your nasal passages when riding in a group?
- Titanium or carbon fiber ? What are your thoughts?
- I’m trying to figure out my pacing in a sprint triathlon as so far I have felt far too fresh going in to the run. Should I aim to try and do all flat & uphills at a particular heart rate or should I ride so that my legs feel slightly uncomfortable all the time?
- I have been using spd pedals for this entire year on my road bike. am curious what the benefits of changing pedals to true road pedals/shoes would be.
- What are the benefits of the disc brakes they are starting to put on road bikes and are there any kind of conversion kits on sale for no disc bikes
- What are beginner road biking signals and gestures while riding in a pack.
- What is the real deal with shaved legs among racers?
- Do you guys have any feedback on GPS trackers installed in bicycles (ex: BikeSpy)-do these products work. going full-time on bicycle & would like to purchase the bike I really want vs. the bike I wouldn’t mind losing if it (very likely) gets stolen.