Are you a cyclist who has a desire to compete or race, but are lacking the confidence to get started? You’re not alone. We received this message from one of our listeners and responded by doing an entire podcast on confidence and bike racing:
I’m currently a non-competitive cyclist who is VERY enthusiastic about someday being a competitive cyclist. I’m afraid to approach the competitive arena as I feel that I’m overly competitive, and afraid of losing/looking stupid. I have a hard time even riding in non-competitive groups due to this issue, as well. Do you have any recommendations for people like me, other than going to see a shrink?
We brought in Carrie Cheadle to help out with this show so that she could provide her professional and expert opinion. Carrie is a noted sports mental skills coach who works with top athletes (and many cyclists) to help make them the best they can be.
No matter where your confidence level is at, you’ll want to have a listen to this podcast to help make you a better and stronger cyclist. Tune in and listen to the crew talk about:
- Is it fear or lack of confidence?
- Is this a normal feeling to experience?
- Confidence boosters
- Darryl’s Caribbean inspired confidence advice
- Confidence destroyers and how to deal with them
- Tips on building up your self confidence
- Competition realities for first timers
- Success breeds success
- Plus a whole lot more from Carrie and the Cycling 360 guys